Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Friday 10 May 2013

off the hook: ring pillow rose


Just a quick crafty update. I'm in a phase where I just want to make ALL THE THINGS! As such, I'm halfway through knitting a pair of mitts but just had to hook this. The darling little square is for our wedding ring pillow. I used the Peach Rose pattern from Jan Eaton's fabulous 200 Crochet Blocks book and some gorgeous vintage cotton thread. I wanted a really lacy, antiquey feel to it and am pretty pleased with how it turned out. I've become quite the hooker, if you excuse the unfortunate turn of phrase. 

Now it's sitting patiently in my to-do craft pile. I hate sewing things up! The plan is to stitch it onto the teal fabric and then stuff it to create the teeny cushion. I think maybe a mother of pearl button in the centre and then a length of ribbon to attach the rings could work. Watch this space!


No comments:

Post a Comment

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...