Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Saturday 5 April 2014

a happy bunny



Easter is approaching and I thought I'd knit up a quick egg cosy using my bunny pattern. I got my needles out and settled down to it, when to my horror I found that it didn't make any sense! Oh, the shame. I've since revised and updated the pattern (and added a cute pom-pom tail). So, here it is - a better bunny.  



Grab some DK yarn and 4mm needles.

The Cosy
Cast on 28 stitches.
Row 1 Knit.
Row 2 Knit.
Row 3 Purl.
Starting with a knit row, work 16 rows in stocking stitch (knit one row, purl one row).
Next Row K2tog, repeat to end of row. (14 sts)
Next Row Purl.
Next Row K2tog, repeat to end of row. (7 sts)
Next Row Purl.
Next Row K2tog, repeat to last st, k1. (4sts)
Next Row Purl.

Leaving a long length to stitch with, snip the yarn. With the sewing needle, thread the remaining yarn through the last 4 stitches. Pull them together and tie off. Turn your cosy inside out so the smooth side is on the inside. Now with the length of yarn stitch together the back seam. Turn your cosy round the right way. Ta da! It should look like a little egg-sized hat.

The Ears (make 2)
Cast on 6 stitches.
Row 1 Knit.
Row 2 Knit.
Row 3 Purl
Continue in stocking stitch for 16 rows.
Next Row K2tog, k2, ssk. (4 sts)
Next Row Purl.
Next Row K2tog, ssk.
Next Row Purl.
Snip the yarn, thread it through the last 2 stitches and tie off.

To assemble
Cut a length of yarn to stitch with and thread it through your needle. Fold the ears a little at the bottom and sew them into place on top of your cosy. Using some scrap yarn, stitch eyes and a nose on your bunny. Your bunny cosy is complete! If you’re feeling keen as mustard, you could give your bunny a pom-pom tail.






No comments:

Post a Comment

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...