Pages



For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb
Psalm 139:13

Tuesday 1 December 2015

A Christmas making update


December the first - the countdown to Christmas can now begin in earnest! I managed to get my hands on an Advent candle again this year and am looking forward to lighting it this evening - a bit of brightness and a sound reminder to guide us through the next couple of weeks as the calendar fills up and we're rushing about. 

Things have been following the standard formula here of work, making, chores and checking in with family and friends, although everything feels like it's speeding up as we hurtle towards the end of the year. What's that all about? I've got a bunch of Christmas makes piled up now, all at various stages of completion, and plenty more still to do. Right now I have mixed feelings about the whole debacle of setting yourself ambitious Christmas making goals, although it does come from a place of love. My method of managing it all this year has been to make sure no-one knows they're getting handmade gubbins unless they requested something, then I'll just keep making until I run out of time and anything extra is a bonus. I've been logging some of my progress on Ravelry here. I think Kat Goldin addressed this perfectly in her blog post last week. 

These pics are cheeky sneak peeks of some of the kinda-but-not-quite finished Christmas projects (thanks for the idea, Sigrid!). Plus there's that pair of bootees I forgot to take a picture of. The lovely Miss P took some snaps for me - et voila!

So here's to a bit more merry making and hopefully a peaceful break to see out the year.
How are your festive makes coming along?

Thanks for the lovely pic, Miss P!

Some finished Christmas makes, waiting to be blocked and have ends woven in!


4 comments:

  1. I think this is a great stratetgy you're following! I'm not knitting anyone Christmas gifts this year, which means I'm just doing a bunch of selfish knitting at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good strategy and I may have to follow it next year. It feels odd not to be making any gifts this time around, but I wouldn't have had the time anyway.

    I like your sneak peek photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your gift knits. Sounds like your approach takes the pressure off a bit, which is great - no point getting super stressed out! Those booties are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh all that yarn looks lovely and squishy! I like your method of not telling people they're getting handmade gifts - my only problem is that the one gift that was requested is the one I'm not sure I'll get finished in time! I have three days to go...fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete

penny for your thoughts . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...